DCL life Magazine “Interview With Grammy-Nominated Sensation, “Stonebwoy” and His New Single With Beenie Man”!



With crowd-pleasing hits, versatile lyrics and an infectious voice, Stonebwoy is a rapidly rising sensation hailing out of Ghana and splashing the global market. He has mastered the art of crossover while using his passion for pop, reggae and dancehall to seamlessly fuse his own roots and culture through afrobeat and has collaborated with some of the most recognized names in music.

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Stonebwoy and picking his brain about the musical journey he’s been on thus far.


Interview

“My name is Moni Pearson with DC Life magazine, and I am here with Grammy-nominated Ghanaian Afro Beat and Reggae artist Stonebwoy. I feel like I have to say your name animated and extra: “Stone-BWOY” (lol).”
You  have a new release featuring Beenie Man entitled, Shuga”. This is following a collaboration with reggae sensation, Tarrus Riley entitled, “G.Y.A.L” that dropped just last month. Stonebwoy’s 2017 album release, “Epistles of Mama”, had a career-high of more than 10 million streams across all digital platforms. I truly admire your successes on this musical journey.

DCL:
Tell us about this single “Shuga” you just did with BeenieMan, how was that?


Stonebwoy:

Thank you very much. I dropped a huge hit 4 months before dropping “Shuga” in 2018, and in 2019, “Shuga” was the first single I dropped.  It’s a beautiful song – it’s a dance song, it’s a fusion of afrobeat and dance hall with great vibes.  When the song drops you have to stand up and bust some moves.  Working with Beenie Man was incredible because these are people who I’ve looked up to Sean Paul, Damian Marley, Anthony B, and other Reggaelegends  all these people are my inspirations. So to get to this point where we’re making big hits for the world, it shows you we’ve come a long way doing this.


Source; DCL life Magazine

No comments