‘Should I Die Before I Can Be Crowned Highlife King?’ – Kuami Eugene Fumes

Popular Ghanaian musician, Kuami Eugene has hit out at his critics who are saying he is too young to be crowned the ‘FUTURE HIGHLIFE KING’.

Most Ghanaians, including music industry personnel, have labeled Kuami Eugene being crowned by Amakye Dede as the future of Ghanaian highlife music as a pre-matured move.
With all these going on, it seems the musician is very furious about the development and has fumed at his critics quizzing them that, ‘should he die before he can be crowned as the highlife king?’
In a recent interview, Kuami Eugene was heard saying;
“The crowning wasn’t planned at all, anybody who says that is disrespecting Amakye Dede’s intelligence, a small boy like me how can I convince Amakye Dede to take such a huge decision, do you get what I mean, he’s an elderly person who makes his own decisions, he told me that whatever he’s given me I should hold unto it very well because it’s from his heart. And then I thanked him, but the thing is people are bound to talk no matter what one will do, I don’t understand, I didn’t crown myself, maybe we should blame Amakye Dede for crowning me. So must I die before I’m crowned or my efforts are recognized? Or I should get old before I’m recognized.”

No comments